HTML has links - PDF has Authentication
415-112-280  <<  415-112-290 >>   415-112-292

PDFWAC 415-112-290

May I purchase Plan 1 service credit for out-of-state teaching?

(1) As a Plan 1 member, you may establish service credit for teaching out-of-state, which includes teaching out of the country, only if:
(a) You were on an official leave of absence granted by your employer when you provided the service; and
(b) You returned to public school service in Washington state.
(2) To establish such service credit, you must submit the following to the department within the time limits set in RCW 41.32.310:
(a) Proof of your out-of-state service;
(b) Proof of your official leave of absence; and
(c) Payment of contributions.
(3) You may establish a maximum of four years of service credit for teaching out-of-state. Except that, you may not qualify for retirement by counting more years of service credit for out-of-state teaching than for Washington state service, unless you established the out-of-state service credit prior to July 2, 1947.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 41.50.050(5), 41.32.065, and 41.32.300. WSR 10-14-112, § 415-112-290, filed 7/7/10, effective 8/7/10. Statutory Authority: RCW 41.50.050(5) and 41.32.300. WSR 05-12-042, § 415-112-290, filed 5/25/05, effective 6/25/05. Statutory Authority: RCW 41.50.050. WSR 99-14-008, § 415-112-290, filed 6/24/99, effective 7/25/99. Statutory Authority: RCW 41.50.050(6) and 41.50.090. WSR 78-03-023 (Order IV), § 415-112-290, filed 2/15/78. Formerly WAC 462-20-055.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group