352-40-100  <<  352-40-110 >>   352-40-120

WAC 352-40-110

What can I do if I object to the agency's denial to inspect or receive a copy of a public record?

You have options. You can:
(1) Request an internal administrative review of the denial for access.
(a) Provide state parks' public records officer with your written request for a review of the decision. Include a copy of the denial or refer specifically to the denial statement in your petition.
(b) The public records officer will promptly provide the petition and any other relevant information to the director or designee to conduct a review.
(c) The director or designee will immediately consider the matter and, within two business days of receiving the petition, or within such time as state parks and the requestor mutually agree, either affirm or reverse the denial. If the director or designee has not responded to the requestor by the end of the two business days following denial of access, then the request is deemed denied.
(2) Ask the attorney general to review the matter. Pursuant to RCW 42.56.530, the attorney general will provide a written opinion on whether the record is exempt.
(3) Initiate an action in the superior court where the record is located. Any person may obtain court review of denials of public records requests pursuant to RCW 42.56.550 at the conclusion of two business days after the initial denial.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 79A.05.030, 79A.05.070, 79A.05.075, chapter 42.56 RCW, RCW 42.56.040 and 42.56.070. WSR 08-24-005, § 352-40-110, filed 11/20/08, effective 12/21/08. Statutory Authority: RCW 79A.05.030, 79A.05.070, 79A.05.075, and chapter 42.17 RCW. WSR 03-11-068, § 352-40-110, filed 5/19/03, effective 6/19/03; Order 15, § 352-40-110, filed 7/25/73.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group