HTML has links - PDF has Authentication
208-660-260  <<  208-660-270 >>   208-660-300

PDFWAC 208-660-270

Designated brokers—Continuing education.

(1) Where can I get information about continuing education? The NMLS will publish a list of approved courses and providers. The providers will have detailed information about the continuing education courses they offer. The department will accept the continuing education courses approved by the NMLS for designated broker continuing education.
(2) As a designated broker, how many hours of continuing education must I have? The continuing education requirement for designated brokers is nine hours.
(3) As a designated broker, may I take the same approved course multiple times to meet my annual continuing education requirement? No. You may not take the same approved course in the same or successive years to meet the annual requirements for continuing education.
(4) If I teach a continuing education course approved by the NMLS, may I use my course as credit toward my annual continuing education requirement? Yes. As an instructor of a NMLS approved continuing education course, you may receive credit for your annually required designated broker continuing education courses from the course(s) you teach. You will receive credit at the rate of one course taught equaling two continuing education course credits.
(5) Is ethics a required continuing education topic for designated brokers? Yes. You must take two hours of ethics each year you act as a designated broker. The ethics course must include the topics of fraud, consumer protection, and fair lending. You must not take the same course in the same or successive years.
(6) If I accumulate more than the required designated broker continuing education course credits during a year, may I carry-over the excess credit to the next year? No. Continuing education credits only apply to the year in which they are taken.
(7) How do I provide the department with proof of the continuing education courses I have completed? The course provider will report your continuing education to the NMLS and DFI will have access to that information.
(8) If I fail to complete the required continuing education, what happens to my license? When your license expires, the department will not renew it and you cannot continue conducting any business under the act. See WAC 208-660-350(20) to renew your license within two months after expiration.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 43.320 RCW and RCW 19.146.223. WSR 12-18-048, § 208-660-270, filed 8/29/12, effective 11/1/12. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.320.040, 19.146.223, and 2009 c 528. WSR 09-24-091, § 208-660-270, filed 12/1/09, effective 1/1/10. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.320.040, 19.146.223, 2006 c 19. WSR 06-23-137, § 208-660-270, filed 11/21/06, effective 1/1/07.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group