HTML has links - PDF has Authentication
308-15-020  <<  308-15-030 >>   308-15-040

PDFWAC 308-15-030

How do I apply for a geologist license?

(1) Review the available options for licensure:
(a) Examination in WAC 308-15-050; and
(b) Reciprocity in WAC 308-15-060.
(2) Complete and submit your application according to the directions in the geologist application packet, which is available on the geologist web site and upon request from the board office.
(3) Verify you meet minimum educational requirements by having your official sealed transcripts sent directly to the board office from your college or university. Transcripts from schools outside the United States or Canada must be evaluated by a board-approved evaluation service. The evaluation service must send the original evaluation and a copy of the transcripts directly to the board office.
(4) Solicit personal references and verifications of experience in the format and on the forms specified in the application instructions. Verifications must be sent to the board directly from the originating source.
(5) If applying for a license by reciprocity, solicit verification of your current license or certification and your examination scores on the form provided in the application packet. Verification must be sent directly to the board from the issuing jurisdiction.
(6) If applying for a specialty license, submit a project list on the forms provided in the application packet to show you meet the minimum requirements of professional specialty practice of a character satisfactory to the board.
(7) If requested by the board, submit one or more reports you contributed to or solely prepared.
(8) If applying for a license by examination, your complete application, as described in subsection (9) of this section, must be received by the board at least ninety calendar days before the date of the examination.
(9) An application is not complete and will not be considered until all of the following are received by the board:
(a) Application, signed and dated, and without omissions;
(b) Application fee and, if applying for a specialty by examination, the examination fee specified in WAC 308-15-150;
(c) Transcripts sent directly from the colleges or universities;
(d) Personal references sent directly from the originators;
(e) Verification of experience sent directly from the verifiers;
(f) If applying by reciprocity, verification of exam scores and license or certification in another jurisdiction;
(g) If applying for a specialty license, project list; and
(h) Other documentation requested by the board.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 18.220.040, 18.220.050. WSR 06-04-022, § 308-15-030, filed 1/23/06, effective 2/23/06; WSR 05-01-174, § 308-15-030, filed 12/21/04, effective 1/21/05. Statutory Authority: Chapter 18.220 RCW. WSR 01-12-023, § 308-15-030, filed 5/25/01, effective 6/25/01.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group