(1) The commission may (a) determine whether an actual violation of this chapter has occurred; and (b) issue and enforce an appropriate order following such a determination.
(2) The commission, in cases where it chooses to determine whether an actual violation has occurred, shall hold a hearing pursuant to the administrative procedure act, chapter 34.05
RCW, to make a determination. Any order that the commission issues under this section shall be pursuant to such a hearing.
(3) In lieu of holding a hearing or issuing an order under this section, the commission may refer the matter to the attorney general or other enforcement agency as provided in RCW 42.17A.105
(4) The person against whom an order is directed under this section shall be designated as the respondent. The order may require the respondent to cease and desist from the activity that constitutes a violation and in addition, or alternatively, may impose one or more of the remedies provided in *RCW 42.17A.750
(1) (b) through (e). The commission may assess a penalty in an amount not to exceed ten thousand dollars.
(5) The commission has the authority to waive a fine for a first-time violation. A second violation of the same rule by the same person or individual, regardless if the person or individual committed the violation for a different political committee, shall result in a fine. Succeeding violations of the same rule shall result in successively increased fines.
(6) An order issued by the commission under this section shall be subject to judicial review under the administrative procedure act, chapter 34.05
RCW. If the commission's order is not satisfied and no petition for review is filed within thirty days, the commission may petition a court of competent jurisdiction of any county in which a petition for review could be filed under that section, for an order of enforcement. Proceedings in connection with the commission's petition shall be in accordance with RCW 42.17A.760
was amended by 2013 c 166 § 1, changing subsection (1)(b) through (e) to subsection (1)(b) through (f), effective January 1, 2014.
Findings—Intent—Effective date—2011 c 145:
See notes following RCW 42.17A.005
Intent—Severability—2006 c 315:
See notes following RCW 42.17A.750
Effective date—1989 c 175:
See note following RCW 34.05.010