Assistive technology service means any service that directly assists a student eligible for special education in the selection, acquisition, or use of an assistive technology device. The term includes:
(1) The evaluation of the needs of a student, including a functional evaluation of the student in the student's customary environment;
(2) Purchasing, leasing, or otherwise providing for the acquisition of assistive technology devices by students eligible for special education;
(3) Selecting, designing, fitting, customizing, adapting, applying, maintaining, repairing, or replacing assistive technology devices;
(4) Coordinating and using other therapies, interventions, or services with assistive technology devices, such as those associated with existing education and rehabilitation plans and programs;
(5) Training or technical assistance for a student eligible for special education or, if appropriate, that student's family; and
(6) Training or technical assistance for professionals (including individuals providing education or rehabilitation services), employers, or other individuals who provide services to, employ, or are otherwise substantially involved in the major life functions of that student.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.155.090(7) and 42 U.S.C. 1400 et. seq. 07-14-078, § 392-172A-01030, filed 6/29/07, effective 7/30/07.]