(1) A maximum of twenty students per instructor is required within a licensed school.
(2) Only those hours of instruction a student is given under the direction of a licensed instructor of the licensed school in which the student is enrolled and in the courses listed in WAC 308-20-080
or hours earned under WAC 308-20-091
shall be credited toward completion of the course of study required in RCW 18.16.100
(3) When all of a school's requirements have been met by a student and within thirty days of a student leaving a school, the school shall provide to the student a certified copy of the student's final report and refer the student for examination(s) in a manner and format prescribed by the department.
(4) Students may transfer between the schools and apprenticeship salon/shops licensed under chapter 18.16
RCW and may receive credit toward completion of the curriculum in the new school or apprenticeship salon/shop. In order to enroll a transfer student or apprentice, the new school or apprentice salon/shop shall do the following:
(a) Confirm that the student is available for transfer through the student registration process in a manner and format prescribed by the department;
(b) Evaluate the certified final student report provided by the student or apprentice and compare the report with the new school or apprentice salon/shop curriculum requirements; and
(c) The new school or apprentice salon/shop may accept or reject the final student or apprentice report in part or in total from the previous school or salon/shop and shall prepare a monthly report that documents the amount of instructions being accepted.
(5) Both the transferring and receiving school or salon/shop shall maintain student or apprentice records including the transfer record as required in WAC 308-20-040
(6) Licensed instructors must be physically present where the students are training.
(7) Certified training hours expire three years after the last day of attendance. Any hours earned by a student that are more than three years old are considered by the department to be expired and will not be considered valid towards initial licensure.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 43.24.023
and 18.16.030. WSR 13-24-042, § 308-20-090, filed 11/26/13, effective 1/1/14; WSR 08-22-029, § 308-20-090, filed 10/28/08, effective 2/1/09. Statutory Authority: RCW 18.16.030
, 18.16.280, 43.24.023. WSR 04-05-005, § 308-20-090, filed 2/6/04, effective 3/8/04. Statutory Authority: RCW 18.16.030
and 43.24.023. WSR 03-14-046, § 308-20-090, filed 6/24/03, effective 7/25/03. Statutory Authority: RCW 18.16.030
(2). WSR 02-04-012, § 308-20-090, filed 1/24/02, effective 6/30/02. Statutory Authority: Chapter 18.16
RCW and RCW 34.05.220
. WSR 92-04-006, § 308-20-090, filed 1/23/92, effective 2/23/92. Statutory Authority: RCW 18.16.030
. WSR 91-11-042, § 308-20-090, filed 5/10/91, effective 6/10/91; WSR 88-19-047 (Order PM 772), § 308-20-090, filed 9/14/88. Statutory Authority: 1984 c 208. WSR 84-19-020 (Order PL 480), § 308-20-090, filed 9/12/84.]