Hod carriers, mason tenders, and mortarmen.
For the purpose of the Washington state public works law, chapter 39.12
RCW, hod carriers, mason tenders and mortarmen assist bricklayers and masons.
The work includes, but is not limited to:
• The mixing, packing, wheeling and tempering of mortar and fire clay.
• The mixing, handling and conveying of all other materials used by bricklayers and masons (e.g., brick, tile, stone and cast stone), whether done by hand or any other process (e.g., operation of forklifts, hoisting equipment and pumping equipment).
• Building of scaffolds, trestles, boxes and swinging staging.
• Hanging of cables and placing of putlogs.
• Carrying bricks and mortar in a hod.
• Cleaning and clearing of all debris.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 39.12
RCW, RCW 43.22.270
and 43.22.051. WSR 00-15-077, § 296-127-01332, filed 7/19/00, effective 7/19/00.]