Operating motorcycles on roadways laned for traffic.
*** CHANGE IN 2013 *** (SEE 5263-S.SL) ***
(1) All motorcycles are entitled to full use of a lane and no motor vehicle shall be driven in such a manner as to deprive any motorcycle of the full use of a lane. This subsection shall not apply to motorcycles operated two abreast in a single lane.
(2) The operator of a motorcycle shall not overtake and pass in the same lane occupied by the vehicle being overtaken.
(3) No person shall operate a motorcycle between lanes of traffic or between adjacent lines or rows of vehicles.
(4) Motorcycles shall not be operated more than two abreast in a single lane.
(5) Subsections (2) and (3) of this section shall not apply to police officers in the performance of their official duties.
[1975 c 62 § 46.]
|Rules of court: Monetary penalty schedule -- IRLJ 6.2.|
Severability -- 1975 c 62: See note following RCW 36.75.010.