HTML has links - PDF has Authentication
296-17-31007  <<  296-17-31008 >>   296-17-31009

PDFWAC 296-17-31008

Notification requirements.

(1) Will you notify me when you have opened my workers' compensation insurance account?
Yes, we will notify you when we have opened your workers' compensation insurance account.
(2) Will you contact me if you need additional information about my business?
Yes, we will contact you if we need additional information to classify your business or establish your workers' compensation insurance account.
(3) Will you provide me with instructions on how to report and pay premiums to you?
Yes, we will send you a written notice describing the classification or classifications we have assigned to your business and how to report the worker hours or other exposure of your employees to us. You will receive a rate notice which will detail information about your premium rate and what portions of the rate you may deduct from your employees wages. You should keep these notices with your business records. You can find a copy of a sample rate notice at If you have questions about your classifications or you need help with reporting instructions, call your account manager.
(4) Will you notify me if you are going to change a classification assigned to my business?
Yes, if we need to change the classifications assigned to your business, we will send you a written notice describing the new classifications and when they become effective.
(5) How do I notify my employees that they are covered by workers' compensation insurance?
We will send you a certificate of coverage and a packet of information when we open your account. The packet will include some special notices which you are required to post in areas where employees frequently gather. Areas where you might consider posting the special notices include employee break rooms, employee bulletin boards, or areas where time cards are kept. These notices will inform your employees that they are covered for workers' compensation insurance under the Washington state fund and will tell them what they must do if they suffer a workplace injury or illness. The certificate of coverage should be posted in a place visible to the public. This certificate provides confirmation that you have obtained workers' compensation insurance coverage for your employees.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 51.04.020 and 51.16.035. WSR 13-11-128, § 296-17-31008, filed 5/21/13, effective 7/1/13. Statutory Authority: RCW 51.16.035. WSR 98-18-042, § 296-17-31008, filed 8/28/98, effective 10/1/98.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group