Out of country vessel operating in this state—Vessel visitor permit required.
(1) What must I provide to obtain a vessel visitor permit? You must provide the following:
(a) Proof of nonresidency, by showing the vessel owner's out-of-state driver's license or out-of-state photo identification;
(b) A copy of the current foreign vessel registration, or United States Customs Service Cruising License;
(c) Date the vessel first came into the state;
(d) A nonrefundable fee of twenty-five dollars plus a filing fee and subagent fee, if applicable.
(2) How many vessel visitor permits may be obtained? You may obtain one vessel visitor permit which is valid as long as the vessel continues to be registered in a country other than the United States or has a United States Customs Service Cruising License.
(3) What if the vessel is sold or transferred to a new owner? If the vessel is sold or transferred, the new owners may apply for a corrected vessel visitor permit listing the new owner's name and address. The new owner must provide the information in subsection (1) of this section and pay a nonrefundable fee of three dollars plus a filing fee and subagent fee, if applicable.
(4) How do I display the vessel visitor permit? The permit must be visible to law enforcement from either the dock or from the water. It must be kept aboard the vessel at all times when moored and during operation and protected from the weather. The permit must be clearly displayed either:
(a) In the windshield;
(b) On side window;
(c) In the cockpit; or
(d) In the operation area of the vessel.
(5) If the vessel owner is not available, how do I obtain a vessel visitor permit? The person applying for the vessel visitor permit must have a:
(a) Notarized or certified power of attorney from a registered owner of the vessel; and
(b) Copy of the valid registration issued by a country other than the United States or a United States Customs Service Cruising License.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 88.02.610
and 88.02.620. WSR 13-21-035, § 308-93-056, filed 10/9/13, effective 11/9/13. Statutory Authority: RCW 88.02.070
, 88.02.100. WSR 01-03-128, § 308-93-056, filed 1/23/01, effective 2/23/01; WSR 98-16-029, § 308-93-056, filed 7/29/98, effective 7/30/98.]