(1) A county may split a single rural arterial trust account funded project into multiple adjacent project segments only upon written request and approval by the director of the county road administration board.
(2) The county must submit the request prior to advertising for any construction contract, or prior to commencing any construction by county forces. The request shall contain detailed information prepared by the county engineer demonstrating fulfillment of the original CRAB/county contract selected through the region's project array, including:
(a) The relationship between the original and segmented project termini;
(b) Each segment's distinct and separate utility; and
(c) The planned timing and funding for each segment.
(3) Upon receipt of the county's written request to split a RAP project, the CRAB director will consider and may approve the split.
(4) Upon such approval, a revised CRAB/county contract will be prepared, and sent to the county for its execution and returned in the same manner as for the original contract. The final contract must be fully executed prior to advertisement for contract construction, or if done by county forces, prior to commencing construction.
(5) Failure of a county to sign and return an amended CRAB/county contract within forty-five calendar days of receipt shall nullify any split requests and any other county road administration board actions associated with the split request.
(6) Construction on at least one of the split project segments must commence by the lapsing date of the original project and all remaining portions must proceed to construction within two years of commencement of the first project. In the event the county fails to meet either of these timelines, repayment of expended RATA funds for all portions of the projects will be required unless waived by the county road administration board in keeping with provisions of WAC 136-167-030
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 36.78 RCW. 11-05-005, § 136-170-060, filed 2/3/11, effective 3/6/11; 09-23-044, § 136-170-060, filed 11/9/09, effective 12/10/09. Statutory Authority: Chapter 36.79 RCW. 08-16-044, § 136-170-060, filed 7/29/08, effective 8/29/08.]