Appeals and referrals generally.
(1) Except as otherwise provided herein, a respondent who has received notice of disciplinary sanction(s) imposed by the vice-president for student services may appeal such sanction(s) by filing a written notice of appeal with that officer within twenty days. The notice of appeal may include any statement that the respondent wishes to make of the grounds for her/his appeal.
(2) If the vice-president has referred the matter to the student conduct committee for action, no appeal is required, but the student may file a written response with the vice-president within twenty days of service of that referral.
(3) Except for conduct matters referred for brief adjudicative proceedings, the vice-president shall promptly transmit any notice of appeal or response to referral, together with a copy of any notification of discipline, to the chair of the student conduct committee, described below. The vice-president should serve a copy of that transmittal on the respondent.
(4) Except through a summary suspension under WAC 132F-121-250
, a respondent's enrollment status and rights as an enrolled student shall not be altered, on the basis of a disciplinary sanction imposed by the vice-president, until (a) the appeal period has run without a proper appeal being filed or (b) if there is an appeal, either that appeal has been withdrawn or the final order has been entered.
(5) If a respondent files a timely appeal of a probation or suspension that includes restrictions on contacts, communications, or campus access, the vice-president will ordinarily modify those restrictions as necessary to facilitate the respondent's preparation for the hearing.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.50.140
(13). WSR 13-11-127, § 132F-121-170, filed 5/21/13, effective 6/21/13. Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.50.100
, [28B.50].130, and/or [28B.50].140. WSR 03-16-015, § 132F-121-170, filed 7/28/03, effective 8/28/03.]