Powers and duties of local board of health.
Each local board of health shall have supervision over all matters pertaining to the preservation of the life and health of the people within its jurisdiction and shall:
(1) Enforce through the local health officer or the administrative officer appointed under RCW 70.05.040, if any, the public health statutes of the state and rules promulgated by the state board of health and the secretary of health;
(2) Supervise the maintenance of all health and sanitary measures for the protection of the public health within its jurisdiction;
(3) Enact such local rules and regulations as are necessary in order to preserve, promote and improve the public health and provide for the enforcement thereof;
(4) Provide for the control and prevention of any dangerous, contagious or infectious disease within the jurisdiction of the local health department;
(5) Provide for the prevention, control and abatement of nuisances detrimental to the public health;
(6) Make such reports to the state board of health through the local health officer or the administrative officer as the state board of health may require; and
(7) Establish fee schedules for issuing or renewing licenses or permits or for such other services as are authorized by the law and the rules of the state board of health: PROVIDED, That such fees for services shall not exceed the actual cost of providing any such services.
[1991 c 3 § 308; 1984 c 25 § 6; 1979 c 141 § 79; 1967 ex.s. c 51 § 10.]