Farm vehicle trip permits — Restrictions and requirements — Fee — Rules.
(1) The owner of a farm vehicle registered under RCW 46.16A.425 purchasing a monthly registration under RCW 46.16A.455(5) may operate the farm vehicle under the authority of a farm vehicle trip permit if:
(a) There is less than one full month remaining in the first month of the registration; or
(b) A previously issued monthly registration has expired.
(2) A vehicle operating under the authority of a farm vehicle trip permit is subject to all laws and rules affecting the operation of similar vehicles in this state. The licensed gross weight of a vehicle operating under a farm vehicle trip permit may not exceed eighty thousand pounds for a combination of vehicles or forty thousand pounds for a single unit vehicle with three or more axles.
(3) Each farm vehicle trip permit authorizes the operation of a single vehicle at the maximum legal weight limit for the vehicle for thirty days, beginning with the day of first use. No more than four farm vehicle trip permits may be used for any one vehicle in any twelve-month period. Every farm vehicle trip permit must:
(a) Identify the vehicle for which it is issued;
(b) Be completed in its entirety;
(c) Be signed by the operator before operation of the vehicle on the public highways of this state;
(d) Not be altered or corrected. Altering or correcting data on the farm vehicle trip permit invalidates the permit; and
(e) Be displayed on the vehicle to which it is issued as required by the department.
(4) Farm vehicle trip permits may be obtained from the department, county auditors or other agents, or subagents appointed by the director for the fee provided in RCW 46.17.400(1)(c). Exchanges, credits, or refunds may not be given for farm vehicle trip permits after they have been purchased.
(5) The department may adopt rules as it deems necessary to administer this section.
[2010 c 161 § 426; 2009 c 452 § 1; 2006 c 337 § 3; 2005 c 314 § 206. Formerly RCW 46.16.162.]
| Effective date -- Intent -- Legislation to reconcile chapter 161, Laws of 2010 and other amendments made during the 2010 legislative session -- 2010 c 161: See notes following RCW 46.04.013.|
Effective dates -- 2005 c 314 §§ 110 and 201-206: See note following RCW 46.68.035.
Application -- 2005 c 314 §§ 201-206, 301, and 302: See note following RCW 46.68.035.
Part headings not law -- 2005 c 314: See note following RCW 46.68.035.