(1) An owner or the owner's authorized representative must apply for an original vehicle registration to the department, county auditor or other agent, or subagent appointed by the director on a form furnished by the department. The application must contain:
(a) A description of the vehicle, including its make, model, vehicle identification number, type of body, and power to be used;
(b) The name and address of the person who is the registered owner of the vehicle and, if the vehicle is subject to a security interest, the name and address of the secured party;
(c) The purpose for which the vehicle is to be used;
(d) The licensed gross weight for the vehicle, which is:
(i) The adult seating capacity, including the operator, as provided for in RCW 46.16A.455
(1) if the vehicle will be operated as a for hire vehicle or auto stage and has a seating capacity of more than six; or
(ii) The gross weight declared by the applicant as required in RCW 46.16A.455
(2) if the vehicle will be operated as a motor truck, tractor, or truck tractor;
(e) The empty scale weight of the vehicle; and
(f) Other information that the department may require.
(2) The registered owner or the registered owner's authorized representative shall sign the application for an original vehicle registration and certify that the statements on the application are true to the best of the applicant's knowledge.
(3) The application for an original vehicle registration must be accompanied by a draft, money order, certified bank check, or cash for all fees and taxes due for the application for an original vehicle registration.
Effective date—Intent—Legislation to reconcile chapter 161, Laws of 2010 and other amendments made during the 2010 legislative session—2010 c 161:
See notes following RCW 46.04.013
Effective dates—1967 ex.s. c 83:
See RCW 47.26.910