(1) The building fee for each academic year shall be a percentage of total tuition fees. This percentage shall be calculated by the office of financial management and be based on the actual percentage the building fee is of total tuition for each tuition category in the 1994-95 academic year, rounded up to the nearest half percent.
(2) The governing boards of each institution of higher education, except for the technical colleges, shall charge to and collect from each student a services and activities fee. A governing board may increase the existing fee annually, consistent with budgeting procedures set forth in RCW 28B.15.045
, by a percentage not to exceed the annual percentage increase in student tuition fees for resident undergraduate students: PROVIDED, That such percentage increase shall not apply to that portion of the services and activities fee previously committed to the repayment of bonded debt. These rate adjustments may exceed the fiscal growth factor. For the 2013-2015 fiscal biennium, each governing board is authorized to increase the services and activities fees by amounts judged reasonable and necessary by the services and activities fee committee and the governing board consistent with the budgeting procedures set forth in RCW 28B.15.045
. The services and activities fee committee provided for in RCW 28B.15.045
may initiate a request to the governing board for a fee increase.
(3) Tuition and services and activities fees consistent with subsection (2) of this section shall be set by the state board for community and technical colleges for community college summer school students unless the community college charges fees in accordance with RCW 28B.15.515
(4) Subject to the limitations of RCW 28B.15.910
, each governing board of a community college may charge such fees for ungraded courses, noncredit courses, community services courses, and self-supporting courses as it, in its discretion, may determine, consistent with the rules of the state board for community and technical colleges.
(5) The governing board of a college offering an applied baccalaureate degree program under RCW 28B.50.810
may charge tuition fees for those courses above the associate degree level at rates consistent with rules adopted by the state board for community and technical colleges, not to exceed tuition fee rates at the regional universities. [2013 2nd sp.s. c 4 § 959; 2012 c 229 § 701; 2005 c 258 § 10; 2003 c 232 § 5; 1997 c 403 § 2; 1995 1st sp.s. c 9 § 5.
[2013 2nd sp.s. c 4 § 959; 2012 c 229 § 701; 2005 c 258 § 10; 2003 c 232 § 5; 1997 c 403 § 2; 1995 1st sp.s. c 9 § 5.]
Effective dates—2013 2nd sp.s. c 4:
See note following RCW 2.68.020
Effective date—2012 c 229 §§ 101, 117, 401, 402, 501 through 594, 601 through 609, 701 through 708, 801 through 821, 902, and 904:
See note following RCW 28B.77.005
Findings—Intent—2005 c 258:
See note following RCW 28B.45.014
Finding—Intent—2003 c 232:
See note following RCW 28B.15.031
Intent—Purpose—Effective date—1995 1st sp.s. c 9:
See notes following RCW 28B.15.031