To print a page in the WAC, use your browser’s normal print functions (Ctrl-P on a PC, Command-P on a Mac, or File > Print on either). The resulting printed page will show just the content and not the banner at the top, the left-side navigation, or the footer links. To see how the page will look before you print it, use your browser’s Print Preview.
The definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter unless the context clearly requires otherwise:
(1) "Student" shall mean the same as defined for "child" in RCW 28A.210.070
(2) "Chief administrator" shall mean the same as defined in RCW 28A.210.070
(3) "Full immunization" shall mean the same as defined in RCW 28A.210.070
(4) "Schedule of immunization" shall mean the beginning or continuing of a course of immunization, including the conditions for school attendance when a child is not fully immunized, as prescribed by the state board of health (WAC 246-100-166
(5) "Certificate of exemption" shall mean the filing of a statement exempting the child from immunizations with the chief administrator of the school, on a form prescribed by the department of health, which complies with RCW 28A.210.090
(6) "Life-threatening condition" shall mean a health condition that will put the child in danger of death during the school day if a medication or treatment order and a nursing plan are not in place.
(7) "Medication or treatment order" shall mean the authority a registered nurse obtains under RCW 18.79.260
(2). The order shall be signed by a licensed health care practitioner listed under RCW 18.79.260
(8) "Nursing plan" shall mean a plan of care developed for the student consistent with the standards of nursing conduct or practice set out in department of health regulations, WAC 246-840-700
et seq. The nursing plan implements the medication or treatment order.
(9) "Exclusion" shall mean the case or instance when the student is denied initial or continued attendance:
(a) Due to failure to submit a schedule of immunization, or a certificate of exemption; or
(b) In the case of a life-threatening health condition, due to failure to submit a medication or treatment order and any medication or equipment identified in the order, unless the school district is required to provide the medication or equipment as a related service under federal law.
(10) "School day" shall mean the same as in RCW 28A.150.030
and shall be inclusive of school or district sponsored field trip experiences and extracurricular activities and summer school.
(11) "Parent" shall mean parent, legal guardian, or other adult in loco parentis.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.210.160
. WSR 07-12-020, § 392-380-020, filed 5/25/07, effective 6/25/07.]