(1) Notwithstanding WAC 392-172A-06015
(1)(a) and (2) and 392-172A-06020(1), and except as provided in subsection (4) of this section, for any fiscal year for which the allocation received by a school district exceeds the amount the school district received for the previous fiscal year, the school district may reduce the level of expenditures otherwise required by WAC 392-172A-06015
(1) by not more than fifty percent of the amount of that excess.
(2) If a school district exercises the authority under subsection (1) of this section, the school district must use an amount of local funds equal to the reduction in expenditures under subsection (1) of this section to carry out activities that could be supported with funds under the ESEA regardless of whether the school district is using funds under the ESEA for those activities.
(3) Notwithstanding subsection (1) of this section, if OSPI determines that a school district is unable to establish and maintain programs of FAPE that meet the requirements of this chapter and Part B of the act, the OSPI must prohibit the school district from reducing the level of expenditures under subsection (1) of this section for that fiscal year.
(4) The amount of funds expended by a school district for early intervening services under WAC 392-172A-06085
shall count toward the maximum amount of expenditures that the school district may reduce under subsection (1) of this section.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.155.090(7) and 42 U.S.C. 1400 et. seq. 07-14-078, § 392-172A-06025, filed 6/29/07, effective 7/30/07.]