To print a page in the WAC, use your browser’s normal print functions (Ctrl-P on a PC, Command-P on a Mac, or File > Print on either). The resulting printed page will show just the content and not the banner at the top, the left-side navigation, or the footer links. To see how the page will look before you print it, use your browser’s Print Preview.
Administrative law judges.
(1) A due process hearing is conducted for OSPI by the office of administrative hearings.
(2) Administrative law judges that conduct the hearings:
(a) Must not be:
(i) An employee of OSPI or the school district that is involved in the education or care of the student; or
(ii) A person having a personal or professional interest that conflicts with the person's objectivity in the hearing.
(b) Must possess knowledge of, and the ability to understand, the provisions of the act, federal and state regulations pertaining to the act, and legal interpretations of the act by federal and state courts;
(c) Must possess the knowledge and ability to conduct hearings in accordance with appropriate, standard legal practice; and
(d) Must possess the knowledge and ability to render and write decisions in accordance with appropriate, standard legal practice.
(3) An administrative law judge who otherwise qualifies to conduct a hearing under subsection (2) of this section is not an employee of the OSPI solely because he or she is paid using OSPI funds.
(4) OSPI maintains a list of the persons who serve as administrative law judges which includes a statement of the qualifications of each of those persons.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.155.090
(7) and 42 U.S.C. 1400 et. seq. WSR 07-14-078, § 392-172A-05095, filed 6/29/07, effective 7/30/07.]