The application for initial approval and three-year renewal will include the following:
(1) The nonpublic agency is approved by the state board as a private school, and has at least one certificated teacher with a special education endorsement, and other certificated staff who meet state standards for providing special education and related services. If the program is located in a hospital or the educational program is within a treatment facility, the nonpublic agency will assure that the educational component of the facility has education and related services staff who meet certification requirements developed by the professional educators standards board, and has at least one certificated teacher with a special education endorsement.
(2) The facility meets applicable fire codes of the local or state fire marshal, including inspections and documentation of corrections of violation.
(3) The facility meets applicable health and safety standards.
(4) The facility can demonstrate through audits that it is financially stable, and has accounting systems that allow for separation of school district funds.
(5) The facility has procedures in place that address staff hiring and evaluation including:
(a) Checking of personal and professional references for employees;
(b) Criminal background checks in accordance with state rules for public school employees;
(c) Regular schedule of staff evaluations of the competencies that enable the staff to work with students.
(6) The facility has a policy of nondiscrimination.
(7) The facility meets state education rules for hours and days of instruction.
(8) The facility understands and has procedures in place to protect the procedural safeguards of the students eligible for special education and their families.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.155.090(7) and 42 U.S.C. 1400 et. seq. 07-14-078, § 392-172A-04095, filed 6/29/07, effective 7/30/07.]