(1) Physical education services, specially designed if necessary, must be made available to every student receiving FAPE.
(2) Each student eligible for special education services must be afforded the opportunity to participate in the general physical education program available to students who are not disabled unless:
(a) The student is enrolled full time in a separate facility; or
(b) The student needs specially designed physical education, as described in the student's individualized education program.
(3) If specially designed physical education is required in a student's individualized education program, the school district shall ensure that the public agency responsible for the education of that student provides the service directly, or makes arrangements for it to be provided through other public or private programs.
(4) The school district shall ensure that any student eligible for special education who is enrolled in a separate facility will be provided with appropriate physical education services.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.155.090
(7) and 42 U.S.C. 1400 et. seq. WSR 07-14-078, § 392-172A-02030, filed 6/29/07, effective 7/30/07.]