Continuing requirements for authorized school bus drivers.
Every authorized school bus driver must continue to meet the following requirements:
(1) Have a valid driver's license or commercial driver's license, as required by law, issued by the state department of licensing.
(2) Satisfactorily complete the annual school bus driver in-service training course.
(3) Maintain current and valid training in a first-aid course accepted by the local school district.
(4) Submit annually to the school district a disclosure of all crimes against children or other persons and all civil adjudications in a dependency action or in a domestic relation action and all disciplinary board final decisions of sexual abuse or exploitation or physical abuse as required by RCW 43.43.834
(2) and disclosure of all convictions which may be grounds for denial, suspension, or revocation of authorization under WAC 392-144-103
(5) Every authorized school bus driver must continue to meet the following physical requirements:
(a) Is physically able to maneuver and control a school bus under all driving conditions; and
(b) Is physically able to use all controls and equipment found on state minimum specified school buses; and
(c) Is physically able to perform daily routine school bus vehicle safety inspections; and
(d) Has sufficient strength and agility to move about in a school bus as required to provide assistance to students in evacuating the bus. The driver must be able to move from a seated position in a sixty-five passenger school bus, or the largest school bus the driver will be operating, to the emergency door, open the emergency door, and exit the bus through the emergency door, all within twenty-five seconds. A school district may develop and implement an alternative assessment of physical strength and agility. The alternate assessment must be submitted by the school district superintendent for review and approval by the superintendent; and
(e) Provide a copy of a current and valid medical examiner's certificate to their employer.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.160.210
. WSR 14-09-031, § 392-144-102, filed 4/9/14, effective 9/1/14; WSR 08-19-017, § 392-144-102, filed 9/5/08, effective 10/6/08. Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.160.210
and 2006 c 263 § 906. WSR 06-15-010, amended and recodified as § 392-144-102, filed 7/6/06, effective 8/6/06. Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.160.210
. WSR 05-19-107, § 180-20-102, filed 9/20/05, effective 10/21/05.]