Physical plant on a dementia care unit.
The nursing home must:
(1) Provide a staff toilet room with a handwashing sink;
(2) Ensure that floors, walls, and ceiling surfaces display contrasting color for identification:
(a) Surfaces may have a disguise design to obscure or conceal areas that residents should not enter, except for exit doors and doorways; and
(b) Exit doors must be marked so that they are readily distinguishable from adjacent construction and the way of exit travel is obvious and direct.
(3) Ensure that door thresholds are one-half inch high or less;
(4) Provide a signal device adapted:
(a) To meet residents' needs; and
(b) For staff and family use, if necessary.
(5) Ensure that the public address system is used only for emergency use; and
(6) Refer to WAC 388-97-470
(2) for dementia care unit exceptions to individual temperature controls.
[Statutory Authority: Chapters 18.51
RCW and 42 C.F.R. 489.52. WSR 08-20-062, § 388-97-2900, filed 9/24/08, effective 11/1/08.]