To keep getting Basic Food benefits after your certification period in WAC 388-416-0005
has ended, we must determine if you are still eligible for benefits. This is called recertification.
(1) To be recertified for Basic Food, you must:
(a) Turn in and sign an application for benefits as required under WAC 388-406-0010
. If you complete an electronic application, your signature is the password you use to complete the electronic application;
(b) Complete an interview if you are required to have an interview under WAC 388-452-0005
(c) Submit needed proof of your circumstances if we ask for it.
(2) If you reapply timely and get recertified before your certification period ends, we will keep depositing your benefits into your EBT (electronic benefit transfer) account on the same day of the month. To reapply timely, we must get your application by the fifteenth day of the last month of your certification period.
(3) When we decide if you are eligible for benefits, we will send you a letter to tell you that your benefits have been approved or denied as required under chapter 388-458
(4) If you reapply timely and complete the steps required in subsection (1) by the fifteenth day of the last month of your certification period, you get the approval or denial letter by the end of your current certification period.
(5) If you do not turn in an application form by the end of your current certification period, you have not taken the action we require for you to get ongoing Basic Food benefits. Your Basic Food benefits stop at the end of your certification period.
(6) If you turn in your application before your certification period ends, we start your Basic Food from the first of the month of your new certification period after we determine if you are eligible.
(a) If you do not reapply timely, your benefits for the first month of your new certification period may be delayed.
(b) You have until the end of the month following your certification period end date to complete an interview if required and provide any proof of your circumstances we requested.
(c) If you do not meet all requirements for verification by the end of the month following your certification end date, your recertification will not be approved.
(7) If you turn in your application after your certification period ends, we treat the application as a new application for benefits. We start your Basic Food from the date you turned in the application after we determine if you are eligible.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050
, 74.04.055, 74.04.057, 74.04.510. WSR 04-19-133, § 388-434-0010, filed 9/21/04, effective 10/22/04. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050
, 74.04.057, 74.04.510, and Title 7, Chapter II, Part 273 of the Code of Federal Regulations. WSR 02-18-083, § 388-434-0010, filed 8/30/02, effective 10/1/02. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050
, 74.04.055, 74.05.057, and 74.08.090. WSR 01-15-011, § 388-434-0010, filed 7/6/01, effective 8/1/01; WSR 98-16-044, § 388-434-0010, filed 7/31/98, effective 9/1/98.]