(1) If you receive cash assistance, the department reviews your eligibility for assistance at least once every twelve months.
(2) When it is time for your eligibility review, the department requires you to complete a review. We use the information you provide to determine your eligibility for all assistance programs.
(3) If you complete an interview for assistance with a department representative and sign the printed application for benefits (AFB) form, you do not have to complete a separate review form.
(4) For cash assistance, an eligibility review form or the AFB must be dated and signed by both husband and wife, or both parents of a child in common when the parents live together.
(5) For medical assistance, a signature is not required to complete your review.
(6) We may review your eligibility at any time if we decide your circumstances need to be reviewed sooner.
(7) At your review, we look at:
(a) All eligibility requirements under WAC 388-400-0005
, 388-503-0505 through 388-503-0515, and 388-505-0210 through 388-505-0220;
(b) Changes since we last determined your eligibility; and
(c) Changes that are anticipated for the next review period.
(8) If you receive medical assistance, we set your certification period according to WAC 388-416-0010
, and 388-416-0035
(9) Clients You are responsible for attending an interview if one is required under WAC 388-452-0005
(10) If you do not complete the eligibility review for cash assistance, we consider you to be withdrawing your request for continuing assistance:
(a) Your cash assistance benefits will end; and
(b) Your medical assistance will continue for twelve consecutive months from the month we received your most recent application or eligibility review.
(11) We will send you written notice as described under chapter 388-458
WAC before assistance is suspended, terminated, or a benefit error is established as a result of your eligibility review.
(12) If you currently receive Categorically Needy (CN) medical assistance, and you are found to no longer be eligible for benefits, we will determine if you are eligible for other medical programs. Until we decide if you are eligible for another program, your (CN) medical assistance will continue under WAC 388-418-0025
(13) When you need a supplemental accommodation under WAC 388-472-0010
, we will help you meet the requirements of this section.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050, 74.04.055, 74.04.057, 74.04.510, and 2004 c 54. 04-19-134, § 388-434-0005, filed 9/21/04, effective 10/1/04. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.08.090, 74.09.530, and 2003 c 10. 04-03-019, § 388-434-0005, filed 1/12/04, effective 2/12/04. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.08.090 and 74.04.510. 99-23-083, § 388-434-0005, filed 11/16/99, effective 1/1/00. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050, 74.04.055, 74.04.057 and 74.08.090. 98-16-044, § 388-434-0005, filed 7/31/98, effective 9/1/98. Formerly WAC 388-522-2230.]