(1) Employees must request to use accrued compensatory time in accordance with the employer's leave policy. When considering employees' requests, employers must consider their business needs and the wishes of the employee.
(2) An employee must be granted the use of accrued compensatory time to care for a spouse, registered domestic partner, parent, parent-in-law, or grandparent of the employee who has a serious health condition or an emergency health condition, or to care for a minor/dependent child with a health condition that requires treatment or supervision. In accordance with the employer's leave policy, approval of the employee's request to use accrued compensatory time may be subject to verification that the condition exists.
(3) An employee must be granted the use of accrued compensatory time if the employee or the employee's family member, as defined in chapter 357-01
WAC, is a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking as defined in RCW 49.76.020
. An employer may require the request for leave under this section be supported by verification in accordance with WAC 357-31-730
(4) In accordance with WAC 357-31-373
, an employee must be granted the use of accrued compensatory time to be with a spouse or registered domestic partner who is a member of the armed forces of the United States, National Guard, or reserves after the military spouse or registered domestic partner has been notified of an impending call or order to active duty, before deployment, or when the military spouse or registered domestic partner is on leave from deployment.
(5) Compensatory time off may be scheduled by the employer during the final sixty days of a biennium.
(6) Employers may require that accumulated compensatory time be used before vacation leave is approved, except in those instances where this requirement would result in loss of accumulated vacation leave.
(7) During the 2009-2011 fiscal biennium only, an employee whose monthly full-time equivalent base salary is two thousand five hundred dollars or less is eligible to use compensatory time in lieu of temporary layoff as described in chapter 32, Laws of 2010.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 41.06 RCW. 11-23-054, § 357-31-230, filed 11/10/11, effective 12/13/11; 10-23-120, § 357-31-230, filed 11/17/10, effective 12/18/10; 09-17-056 and 09-18-113, § 357-31-230, filed 8/13/09 and 9/2/09, effective 12/3/09; 09-03-013, § 357-31-230, filed 1/9/09, effective 2/13/09; 08-15-043, § 357-31-230, filed 7/11/08, effective 10/1/08; 05-08-137, § 357-31-230, filed 4/6/05, effective 7/1/05.]