(1) Where are pets and service animals allowed on department-managed lands?
(a) Pets are allowed on department-managed lands, except in areas that are closed to pets or animals for the protection of wildlife, sensitive natural systems, special cultural areas, or for other purposes.
(b) Persons may bring service animals to assist or accommodate persons with disabilities on all department-managed land.
(2) Must pets be on a leash when on department-managed lands? In all developed recreation facilities and in other areas posted by the department, persons shall keep pets on leashes no longer than eight feet or otherwise restrained from free movement and under physical control at all times. Pets accompanying livestock with riders may be under voice control.
(3) What are the requirements of the person responsible for the pet?
(a) The person responsible for the pet shall not allow the pet to:
(i) Dig or otherwise disturb or damage the natural or cultural features of department-managed lands.
(ii) Bite or unreasonably interfere with or annoy persons or animals.
(iii) Bark in a manner that disturbs the peace and tranquility of others.
(iv) Disturb or harass wildlife.
(v) Be in an area where pets are not allowed.
(b) The person responsible for the pet shall:
(i) Pick up the animal's feces in developed recreation facilities, along designated recreation trails, and where posted by the department.
(ii) Dispose of feces into a designated receptacle or take feces with them for disposal off-site.
(4) Where are livestock allowed in developed recreation facilities?
(a) In recreation facilities designated for such use.
(b) Persons with livestock may travel through developed recreation facilities, but shall not stay overnight with livestock unless the facility has been built to accommodate such animals.
(5) What are the requirements of the person responsible for livestock? In developed recreation facilities, persons shall pick up and either dispose of the livestock's feces in a designated receptacle or off-site.
(6) Any violation of this section is an infraction under chapter 7.84
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 43.30 RCW and RCW 43.12.065. 09-05-034, § 332-52-140, filed 2/11/09, effective 3/14/09.]