(1) Beginning July 1, 2009, all bail bond agents and qualified agents must provide proof of four hours of continued education before their license can be renewed. Proof must be submitted on a form provided by the department.
(2) Continued education must be in the following topic areas:
(a) How to work with the courts systems;
(b) Refresher course relating to relative laws;
(d) Transporting defendants between other states; and
(e) Other topics applicable to the profession.
(3) Approved continued education providers include:
(a) National or local industry associations;
(b) Certified bail agent online education courses; and
(c) Other sources determined by the department.
(4) Continued education hours cannot be carried forward to the following year.
(a) A licensee may not repeat a course for credit during the same renewal period.
(b) Continued education courses must be taken within the same year of the renewal period.
(c) Licensees acting as a credentialed trainer of an approved continued education course will receive the same credit for the course they teach as the licensees attending receive.
(5) By renewing the bail bond agent or bail bond qualified agent license with the department, the licensee is making declaration that they have met the requirements for annual continued education.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 18.185
RCW. WSR 08-20-036, § 308-19-302, filed 9/23/08, effective 11/1/08.]