(1) You must furnish to each employee a place of employment free from recognized controllable hazards likely to cause serious injury or death.
(2) You must furnish and require employees to use any safety devices and safeguards that are needed to control recognized hazards. All agricultural methods, operations, and processes must be designed to promote the safety and health of employees.
(3) You must not require an employee to engage in any duty or enter any place that is not safe.
(4) The following are prohibited:
(a) Removing, displacing, damaging, destroying or carrying off any safety device, safeguard, notice or warning intended for use in any place of employment.
(b) Interfering in any way with the use of any safety device, method or process adopted for the protection of any employee.
(5) Intoxicating beverages or narcotics in or around worksites. Employees under the influence of alcohol or narcotics are prohibited from the worksite.
|Exception: ||This rule does not apply to anyone taking prescription drugs and/or narcotics as directed by a physician providing such use does not endanger the employee or others. |
[97-09-013, recodified as § 296-307-045, filed 4/7/97, effective 4/7/97. Statutory Authority: RCW 49.17.040, [49.17.]050 and[49.17.]060 . 96-22-048, § 296-306A-045, filed 10/31/96, effective 12/1/96.]