For the purpose of the Washington state public works law, chapter 39.12
RCW, sprinkler fitters perform the installation, adjustments and corrections, maintenance, repair and dismantling of all fire protection and fire control systems and the installation of all piping for tubing, appurtenances and equipment pertaining thereto.
The work includes, but is not limited to:
(1) Underground water mains, fire hydrants and hydrant mains, stand pipes and hose connections to sprinkler systems and overhead piping.
(2) Sprinkler tank heaters.
(3) Air lines and thermal systems used in connection with sprinkler and alarm systems and all tanks and pumps connected thereto.
(4) Co2 and cardox systems, dry chemical systems, halon and foam systems and all other fire protection systems.
(5) Cutting holes in floors and walls for pipes:
• With point and hammer.
(6) The unloading, handling and storing of all the above.
(7) All clean-up work.
Excluded are steam fire protection systems and stand pipes not connected to automatic sprinkler systems.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 39.12
RCW, RCW 43.22.270
and 43.22.051. WSR 00-15-077, § 296-127-01375, filed 7/19/00, effective 7/19/00.]