To print a page in the WAC, use your browser’s normal print functions (Ctrl-P on a PC, Command-P on a Mac, or File > Print on either). The resulting printed page will show just the content and not the banner at the top, the left-side navigation, or the footer links. To see how the page will look before you print it, use your browser’s Print Preview.
Sign makers and sign installers.
For the purpose of the Washington state public works law, chapter 39.12
RCW, sign makers and sign installers fabricate, install, repair, alter, maintain and dismantle commercial signs, bulletins and poster panels.
The work includes, but is not limited to:
(1) Electric and luminous tube signs.
• The manufacture of all luminous tubes, which includes the coating and processing of tubes and the bending, repairing and pumping for all tubes.
• The shop assembly and fabrication of signs and displays and the installation, alteration, repair and dismantling of all electric and neon sign displays.
• The wiring, assembly, service and electrical maintenance of all such displays.
• The installation and servicing of fluorescent lighting fixtures.
(2) Painted and photographed signs.
• The preparing of sign surfaces, patterns and layouts.
• Applying all decals.
• Preparing and pouncing of patterns and tracing all patterns.
• Designing, cutting out of all letters made of wood or like materials, such as plastic, masonite, wallboard, cardboard.
• Priming, finishing and gilding of letters.
• Use of stencil knife, perforating wheel and friskit cutting.
• Applying and/or hanging of all cut-out letters.
• All pictorial work on signs, screen process work in its entirety including photography and operation of projector and mimeograph.
• Erecting commercial signs, bulletins and poster panels.
• Repainting of all signs, including painting of capping on bulletins and poster panels, by spraying and use of rollers.
• All work on banners, cloth, plastic, paper and cardboard, walls, bulletins, windows, truck lettering and all lettering on any surface.
• The use of stencil knife on sandblasted signs.
• The layout and application of all vinyl letters.
(3) All the cleanup required in connection with sign making and installing.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 39.12
RCW, RCW 43.22.270
. WSR 00-15-077, § 296-127-01374, filed 7/19/00, effective 7/19/00.]