For the purpose of the Washington state public works law, chapter 39.12
RCW, elevator constructors assemble and install electric and hydraulic freight and passenger elevators, escalators, and dumbwaiters.
The work includes, but is not limited to:
• Studies blueprints and lays out location of framework, counterbalance rails, motor pump, cylinder, and plunger foundations.
• Drills holes in concrete or structural steel members with portable electric drill, secures anchor bolts or welds brackets to support rails and framework, and verifies alignment with plumb bob and level.
• Cuts prefabricated sections of framework, rails, and other elevator components to specified dimensions, using acetylene torch, power saw, and disc grinder.
• Installs cables, counterweights, pumps, motor foundations, escalator drives, guide rails, elevator cars, and control panels.
• Positions electric motor and equipment on top of elevator shaft, using hoists and cable slings.
• Connects electrical wiring to control panels and electric motors.
• Installs safety and control devices.
• All cleanup required in connection with the installation of elevators.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 39.12
RCW, RCW 43.22.270
. WSR 00-15-077, § 296-127-01327, filed 7/19/00, effective 7/19/00.]