(1) Any operator providing TWH shall apply for a TWH operating license from the department of health when:
(a) The TWH consists of:
(i) Five or more dwelling units; or
(ii) Any combination of dwelling units, or spaces that house ten or more occupants;
(b) Compliance with the Migrant and Seasonal Agricultural Worker Protection Act (96 Sta. 2583; 29 U.S.C. Sec. 1801 et. seq.) requires a license; or
(c) The operator provides housing consisting of four or fewer dwelling units or any combination of dwelling units or spaces that house nine or fewer occupants and elects to comply with chapter 246-359
(2) The operator shall submit to the department of health a completed application that:
(a) Is on a form provided by the department of health;
(b) Identifies the maximum number of occupants during the period of licensure. This number must not exceed the maximum capacity as determined by WAC 246-358-029
(c) Proves the TWH is permitted for occupancy by the department of health or the local government building department with jurisdiction;
(d) Proves that the water system(s) serving the TWH is in compliance with chapter 246-290
WAC, or local board of health rules. Operators using a Group B public water system must also provide water quality test results from a certified laboratory accredited under chapter 173-50
WAC with an official scope of accreditation for drinking water analytical parameters. Water quality test results must document compliance with the following water quality standards and frequency on a form produced by the laboratory conducting the test:
(i) Satisfactory coliform within the previous twelve months; and
(ii) Ten milligrams per liter or less nitrate within the previous three years; and
(3) The operator will receive a TWH license for the maximum number of occupants identified in the application. This number must not exceed the maximum capacity as determined by WAC 246-358-029
(4) The operator will receive a TWH license when:
(a) The application requirements from subsections (2) and (5) of this section are met;
(b) The TWH is in compliance with this chapter as demonstrated by:
(i) A prelicensure inspection completed by the department of health; or
(ii) Except as provided for in subsection (10) of this section, a self-survey completed by the operator and approved by the department of health; and
(c) The operator complies with any corrective action plan established by the department of health.
(5) The operator shall submit the documentation in subsection (2) of this section:
(a) For a new TWH site, by at least forty-five days prior to the new TWH site operation date; or
(b) For a previously licensed TWH site, by February 28th of the year the operator intends to operate the TWH.
(6) Except as provided for in subsection (10) of this section, the department of health may allow the use of TWH without a renewed license when all of the following conditions exist:
(a) The operator timely applied for renewal of an operating license in accordance with this section as evidenced by the post mark;
(b) The department of health has not inspected the TWH or issued an operating license;
(c) Other local, state, or federal laws, rules, or codes do not prohibit use of the TWH; and
(d) The operator provides and maintains the TWH in compliance with this chapter.
(7) An operating license is not transferable.
(8) The operator shall post the operating license or a copy of the operating license in a place readily accessible to occupants of the TWH.
(9) The operator will receive an annual occupancy inspection completed and approved by the department of health.
(10) For licensure and operation of cherry harvest camps:
(a) Subsections (4)(b)(ii) and (6) of this section do not apply;
(b) A TWH license to operate a cherry harvest camp is limited to one week before the start through one week following the conclusion of the cherry harvest.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 70.114A
RCW and RCW 43.70.334
. WSR 15-13-091, § 246-358-025, filed 6/15/15, effective 7/16/15. Statutory Authority: RCW 70.114A.065
. WSR 00-06-082, § 246-358-025, filed 3/1/00, effective 3/1/00. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.70.340
. WSR 96-01-084, § 246-358-025, filed 12/18/95, effective 1/1/96. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.70.340
. WSR 93-03-031 (Order 324), § 246-358-025, filed 1/12/93, effective 2/12/93. Statutory Authority: RCW 70.54.110
. WSR 92-04-082 (Order 242B), § 246-358-025, filed 2/5/92, effective 3/7/92. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.20.050
. WSR 91-02-051 (Order 124B), recodified as § 246-358-025, filed 12/27/90, effective 1/31/91. Statutory Authority: Chapter 34.05
RCW and RCW 43.20.050
. WSR 90-06-049 (Order 040), § 248-63-025, filed 3/2/90, effective 3/2/90. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.20.050
. WSR 88-10-027 (Order 309), § 248-63-025, filed 5/2/88.]