(1) Must request a license from the department of health or health officer when:
(a) Housing consists of:
(i) Five or more dwelling units; or
(ii) Any combination of dwelling units, or spaces that house ten or more occupants;
(b) Compliance with MSPA requires a license; or
(c) Construction of camp buildings requires a license under chapter 246-359
WAC, Temporary worker housing construction standard.
(2) Must apply for an operating license at least forty-five days prior to either the use of housing or the expiration of an existing operating license by submitting to the department of health or health officer:
(a) A completed application on a form provided by the department or health officer;
(b) Proof water system is current with all water tests required by chapter 246-290
(3) Will receive an operating license for the maximum number of occupants as determined by WAC 246-358-029
(a) The application requirements from subsection (2) of this section are met;
(b) The housing is in compliance with this chapter as demonstrated by:
(i) A licensing survey completed by the department of health; or
(ii) A self-survey completed by the operator and approved by the department of health; and
(c) The operator complies with the corrective action plan established by the department.
(4) May allow the use of housing without a renewed license when all of the following conditions exist:
(a) The operator applied for renewal of an operating license in accordance with subsection (2) of this section at least forty-five days before occupancy, as evidenced by the post mark;
(b) The department of health or health officer has not inspected the housing or issued an operating license;
(c) Other local, state, or federal laws, rules, or codes do not prohibit use of the housing; and
(d) The operator provides and maintains housing in compliance with this chapter.
(5) Must post the operating license in a place readily accessible to occupants of the housing.
(6) Must notify the department of health or health officer of a transfer of ownership.
(7) Must cooperate with the department or health officer during on-site inspections.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 70.114A.065
and 70.114A.110. WSR 00-06-082, § 246-358-025, filed 3/1/00, effective 3/1/00. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.70.340
. WSR 96-01-084, § 246-358-025, filed 12/18/95, effective 1/1/96. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.70.340
and 43.70.040. WSR 93-03-031 (Order 324), § 246-358-025, filed 1/12/93, effective 2/12/93. Statutory Authority: RCW 70.54.110
. WSR 92-04-082 (Order 242B), § 246-358-025, filed 2/5/92, effective 3/7/92. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.20.050
. WSR 91-02-051 (Order 124B), recodified as § 246-358-025, filed 12/27/90, effective 1/31/91. Statutory Authority: Chapter 34.05
RCW and RCW 43.20.050
. WSR 90-06-049 (Order 040), § 248-63-025, filed 3/2/90, effective 3/2/90. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.20.050
. WSR 88-10-027 (Order 309), § 248-63-025, filed 5/2/88.]