All actions under programs administered by the department of social and health services as of December 12, 1975, are exempted, except the following:
(1) The adoption or amendment by the department of any regulations incorporating general standards for issuance of licenses authorizing the possession, use and transfer of radioactive source material under RCW 70.98.080
, except that the issuance, revocation or suspension of individual licenses thereto shall be exempt. However, licenses to operate low level burial facilities or licenses to operate or expand beyond design capacity, mineral processing facilities or their tailings areas whose products or byproducts have concentrations of naturally occurring radioactive materials in excess of exempt concentrations, as specified in WAC 402-20-250
, shall not be exempt.
(2) The approval of a comprehensive plan for public water supply systems servicing one thousand or more units under WAC 248-54-065
(3) The approval of engineering reports or plans and specifications under WAC 248-54-085
, for all surface water source development, all water system storage facilities greater than one-half million gallons, new transmission lines longer than one thousand feet located in new rights of way and major extensions to existing water distribution systems.
(4) The approval of an application for a certificate of need under RCW 70.38.120
for construction of a new hospital or medical facility or for major additions to existing service capacity of such institutions.
(5) The approval of an application for any system of sewerage and/or water general plan or amendments under RCW 36.94.100
(6) The approval of any plans and specifications for new sewage treatment works or major extensions to existing sewer treatment works submitted to the department under WAC 248-92-040
(7) The construction of any building, facility or other installation not exempt by WAC 197-11-800
for the purpose of housing department personnel, or fulfilling statutorily directed or authorized functions (e.g., prisons).
(8) The approval of any final plans for construction of a nursing home pursuant to WAC 248-14-100
, construction of a private psychiatric hospital pursuant to WAC 248-22-005
or construction of an alcoholism treatment center pursuant to WAC 248-22-510
[Statutory Authority: RCW 43.21C.110. 84-05-020 (Order DE 83-39), § 197-11-845, filed 2/10/84, effective 4/4/84.]