(1) A person is guilty of possessing a stolen firearm if he or she possesses, carries, delivers, sells, or is in control of a stolen firearm.
(2) This section applies regardless of the stolen firearm's value.
(3) Each stolen firearm possessed under this section is a separate offense.
(4) The definition of "possessing stolen property" and the defense allowed against the prosecution for possessing stolen property under RCW 9A.56.140 shall apply to the crime of possessing a stolen firearm.
(5) As used in this section, "firearm" means any firearm as defined in RCW 9.41.010.
(6) Possessing a stolen firearm is a class B felony.
[1995 c 129 § 13 (Initiative Measure No. 159).]
| Findings and intent -- Short title -- Severability -- Captions not law -- 1995 c 129: See notes following RCW 9.94A.510.|