(1) A person is guilty of theft of a firearm if he or she commits a theft of any firearm.
(2) This section applies regardless of the value of the firearm taken in the theft.
(3) Each firearm taken in the theft under this section is a separate offense.
(4) The definition of "theft" and the defense allowed against the prosecution for theft under RCW 9A.56.020
shall apply to the crime of theft of a firearm.
(5) As used in this section, "firearm" means any firearm as defined in RCW 9.41.010
(6) Theft of a firearm is a class B felony.
[1995 c 129 § 10 (Initiative Measure No. 159); 1994 sp.s. c 7 § 432.]
Findings and intent—Short title—Severability—Captions not law—1995 c 129:
See notes following RCW 9.94A.510
Finding—Intent—Severability—1994 sp.s. c 7:
See notes following RCW 43.70.540
Effective date—1994 sp.s. c 7 §§ 401-410, 413-416, 418-437, and 439-460:
See note following RCW 9.41.010