The agency designated by RCW 58.24.020
is further authorized to:
(1) Set up standards of accuracy and methods of procedure;
(2) Compile and publish maps and records from surveys performed under the provisions of this chapter, and to maintain suitable indexes of surveys to prevent duplication of effort and to cooperate with all agencies of local, state, and federal government to this end;
(3) Compile and maintain records of all surveys performed under the provisions of this chapter, and assemble and maintain records of all reliable survey monuments and bench marks within the state;
(4) Collect and preserve information obtained from surveys locating and establishing land monuments and land boundaries;
(5) Supervise the sale and distribution of cadastral and geodetic survey data, and such related survey maps and publications as may come into the possession of the department of natural resources. Revenue derived from the sale thereof shall be deposited in the surveys and maps account in the general fund;
(6) Supervise the sale and distribution of maps, map data, photographs, and such publications as may come into the possession of the department of natural resources.
(7) Submit, as part of the biennial report of the commissioner of public lands, a report of the accomplishments of the agency;
(8) Permit the temporary removal or destruction of any section corner or any other land boundary mark or monument by any person, corporation, association, department, or subdivision of the state, county, or municipality as may be necessary or desirable to accommodate construction, mining, and other development of any land: PROVIDED, That such section corner or other land boundary mark or monument shall be referenced to the Washington Coordinate System by a registered professional engineer or land surveyor prior to such removal or destruction, and shall be replaced or a suitable reference monument established by a registered professional engineer or land surveyor within a reasonable time after completion of such construction, mining, or other development: AND PROVIDED FURTHER, That the department of natural resources shall adopt and promulgate reasonable rules and regulations under which the agency shall authorize such temporary removal or destruction and require the replacement of such section corner or other land boundary marks or monuments.
Severability—1969 ex.s. c 271:
See RCW 58.17.910
Severability—1951 c 224:
See note following RCW 58.24.010