Display and design of placards, license plates, and year tabs.
(1) The department shall design special license plates for persons with disabilities, parking placards, and year tabs displaying the international symbol of access.
(2) Special license plates for persons with disabilities must be displayed on the motor vehicle as standard issue license plates as described in RCW 46.16A.200.
(3) Parking placards must be displayed when the motor vehicle is parked by suspending it from the rearview mirror. In the absence of a rearview mirror, the parking placard must be displayed on the dashboard.
(4) Special year tabs for persons with disabilities must be displayed on license plates as defined by the department.
(5) Persons who have been issued special license plates for persons with disabilities, parking placards, or special license plates with a special year tab for persons with disabilities may park in places reserved for persons with physical disabilities.
[2010 c 161 § 704.]
| Effective date -- Intent -- Legislation to reconcile chapter 161, Laws of 2010 and other amendments made during the 2010 legislative session -- 2010 c 161: See notes following RCW 46.04.013.|