70.77.305  <<  70.77.311 >>   70.77.315

Exemptions from licensingPurchase of certain agricultural and wildlife fireworks by government agenciesPurchase of consumer fireworks by religious or private organizations.

(1) No license is required for the purchase of agricultural and wildlife fireworks by government agencies if:
(a) The agricultural and wildlife fireworks are used for wildlife control or are distributed to farmers, ranchers, or growers through a wildlife management program administered by the United States department of the interior or an equivalent state or local governmental agency;
(b) The distribution is in response to a written application describing the wildlife management problem that requires use of the devices;
(c) It is of no greater quantity than necessary to control the described problem; and
(d) It is limited to situations where other means of control are unavailable or inadequate.
(2) No license is required for religious organizations or private organizations or persons to purchase or use consumer fireworks and such audible ground devices as firecrackers, salutes, and chasers if:
(a) Purchased from a licensed manufacturer, importer, or wholesaler;
(b) For use on prescribed dates and locations;
(c) For religious or specific purposes; and
(d) A permit is obtained from the local fire official. No fee may be charged for this permit.


Severability2002 c 370: See note following RCW 70.77.126.
SeverabilityEffective date1995 c 61: See notes following RCW 70.77.111.
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group