64.34.308  <<  64.34.312 >>   64.34.316

Control of associationTransfer.

(1) Within sixty days after the termination of the period of declarant control provided in *RCW 64.34.308(4) or, in the absence of such period, within sixty days after the first conveyance of a unit in the condominium, the declarant shall deliver to the association all property of the unit owners and of the association held or controlled by the declarant including, but not limited to:
(a) The original or a photocopy of the recorded declaration and each amendment to the declaration;
(b) The certificate of incorporation and a copy or duplicate original of the articles of incorporation of the association as filed with the secretary of state;
(c) The bylaws of the association;
(d) The minute books, including all minutes, and other books and records of the association;
(e) Any rules and regulations that have been adopted;
(f) Resignations of officers and members of the board who are required to resign because the declarant is required to relinquish control of the association;
(g) The financial records, including canceled checks, bank statements, and financial statements of the association, and source documents from the time of incorporation of the association through the date of transfer of control to the unit owners;
(h) Association funds or the control of the funds of the association;
(i) All tangible personal property of the association, represented by the declarant to be the property of the association or ostensibly the property of the association, and an inventory of the property;
(j) Except for alterations to a unit done by a unit owner other than the declarant, a copy of the declarant's plans and specifications utilized in the construction or remodeling of the condominium, with a certificate of the declarant or a licensed architect or engineer that the plans and specifications represent, to the best of their knowledge and belief, the actual plans and specifications utilized by the declarant in the construction or remodeling of the condominium;
(k) Insurance policies or copies thereof for the condominium and association;
(l) Copies of any certificates of occupancy that may have been issued for the condominium;
(m) Any other permits issued by governmental bodies applicable to the condominium in force or issued within one year before the date of transfer of control to the unit owners;
(n) All written warranties that are still in effect for the common elements, or any other areas or facilities which the association has the responsibility to maintain and repair, from the contractor, subcontractors, suppliers, and manufacturers and all owners' manuals or instructions furnished to the declarant with respect to installed equipment or building systems;
(o) A roster of unit owners and eligible mortgagees and their addresses and telephone numbers, if known, as shown on the declarant's records and the date of closing of the first sale of each unit sold by the declarant;
(p) Any leases of the common elements or areas and other leases to which the association is a party;
(q) Any employment contracts or service contracts in which the association is one of the contracting parties or service contracts in which the association or the unit owners have an obligation or a responsibility, directly or indirectly, to pay some or all of the fee or charge of the person performing the service;
(r) A copy of any qualified warranty issued to the association as provided for in RCW 64.35.505; and
(s) All other contracts to which the association is a party.
(2) Upon the transfer of control to the unit owners, the records of the association shall be audited as of the date of transfer by an independent certified public accountant in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards unless the unit owners, other than the declarant, by two-thirds vote elect to waive the audit. The cost of the audit shall be a common expense unless otherwise provided in the declaration. The accountant performing the audit shall examine supporting documents and records, including the cash disbursements and related paid invoices, to determine if expenditures were for association purposes and the billings, cash receipts, and related records to determine if the declarant was charged for and paid the proper amount of assessments.
[ 2004 c 201 § 10; 1989 c 43 § 3-104.]


*Reviser's note: RCW 64.34.308 was amended by 2011 c 189 § 2, changing subsection (4) to subsection (5), effective January 1, 2012.
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group