HTML has links - PDF has Authentication
415-106-280  <<  415-106-285 >>   415-106-290

PDFWAC 415-106-285

Is the pay I receive while on legislative leave reportable compensation?

If you take leave without pay from an eligible PSERS position to serve in the legislature, you may elect to participate in PSERS as a legislator.
For any year in which you serve in the legislature, you may choose that your reportable compensation be either:
(1) The reportable compensation you would have earned had you not served in the legislature; or
(2) The compensation you actually received for nonlegislative public employment and the legislative service combined.
If you choose the option in subsection (1) of this section, you must pay the additional employer and employee contributions to the extent the compensation reported is higher than it would have been under subsection (2) of this section.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 41.50.050(5) and 41.37.010(6). WSR 08-02-046, ยง 415-106-285, filed 12/27/07, effective 1/27/08.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group