HTML has links - PDF has Authentication
4-30-094  <<  4-30-100 >>   4-30-102

PDFWAC 4-30-100

Reciprocity for accountants from foreign countries.

(1) Under the authority provided by RCW 18.04.183, the board relies on the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), who have jointly established the United States International Qualifications Appraisal Board (IQAB) to eliminate impediments to reciprocity, or other professional bodies for evaluation of foreign accounting credential equivalency. IQAB serves as the link between the accounting profession in the United States and the accounting professions of other General Agreement on Trade Services (GATS) signatory countries. Through mutual recognition agreements (MRA), covered individuals will have similar provisions within each reciprocal country.
(2) The foreign accounting credential may be accepted in partial satisfaction of licensing requirements if:
(a) The foreign issuing body's education, examination, and ethical requirements are equivalent to the requirements for licensure in this state;
(b) The foreign accounting credential is valid and in good standing at the time of application for a Washington state license; and
(c) The foreign issuing body granting the foreign accounting credential permits Washington CPAs an equivalent opportunity to receive the foreign accounting credential by reciprocity.
(3) The board requires a qualifying examination to determine if the individual possesses adequate knowledge of United States practice standards and the board's regulations.
(a) The board adopts the International Qualifications Examination (IQEX) prepared and graded by the AICPA as the appropriate examination to test the knowledge of the subject matter unique to the United States, as determined by the AICPA in cooperation with NASBA, of those applicants holding an accounting credential issued by professional credentialing institutes that have established current MRAs with IQAB.
(b) The board will continue to recognize passing grades from the predecessor Canadian Chartered Accountant Uniform CPA Qualification Examination (CAQEX).
(c) The board accepts IQEX grades from examinations administered by other state boards of accountancy or by NASBA.
(d) The board sets the passing score for the IQEX and CAQEX at 75.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 18.04.055. WSR 20-16-128, § 4-30-100, filed 8/3/20, effective 9/3/20. Statutory Authority: RCW 18.04.183. WSR 10-24-009, amended and recodified as § 4-30-100, filed 11/18/10, effective 12/19/10; WSR 01-22-036, § 4-25-781, filed 10/30/01, effective 12/1/01. Statutory Authority: RCW 18.04.055 and 18.04.183. WSR 00-11-076, § 4-25-781, filed 5/15/00, effective 6/30/00.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group