HTML has links - PDF has Authentication
110-148-1345  <<  110-148-1350 >>   110-148-1355

PDFWAC 110-148-1350

What are the roles of the department and the CPA?

(1) We have the legal authority to license homes for the care of children in out-of-home placement. You may choose to be supervised by us, or by a child placing agency (CPA).
(2) We license CPAs, including tribal CPAs, to supervise foster homes. The CPA is authorized to certify to the department that you meet the licensing requirements contained in this chapter.
(3) A CPA has the discretion whether or not to certify you. if you disagree with a child placing agency's decision, you must abide by the child placing agency's grievance process to challenge the decision.
(4) A CPA may, at their discretion, have additional requirements for you to become and remain a licensed foster home under their supervision.
(5) The department has the final approval for licensing you, if you are certified by a CPA.
[WSR 18-14-078, recodified as § 110-148-1350, filed 6/29/18, effective 7/1/18. Statutory Authority: Chapters 13.34 and 74.13 RCW, RCW 74.15.030(2), 74.15.311(2), 74.13.032, 13.04.011, 74.13.020, 13.34.030, 74.13.031, 13.34.145, 74.15.311, 74.15.030, and 2013 c 105. WSR 15-01-069, § 388-148-1350, filed 12/11/14, effective 1/11/15.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group