13.34.138  <<  13.34.141 >>   13.34.142

Entry, order of dispositionParent, guardian, or custodian of child to engage in services and maintain contact with childNotice.

(1) After entry of a dispositional order pursuant to RCW 13.34.130 ordering placement of a child in out-of-home care, the department shall continue to encourage the parent, guardian, or custodian of the child to engage in services and maintain contact with the child, which shall be accomplished by attaching a standard notice to the services and safety plan to be provided in advance of hearings conducted pursuant to RCW 13.34.138.
(2) The notice shall be photocopied on contrasting paper to distinguish it from the services and safety plan to which it is attached, and shall be in substantially the following form:
If you have not been maintaining consistent contact with your child in out-of-home care, your ability to reunify with your child may be jeopardized. If this is your situation, you need to be aware that you have important legal rights and must take steps to protect your interests.
1. The department of children, youth, and families (or other *supervising agency) and the court have created a permanency plan for your child, including a primary placement plan and a secondary placement plan, and recommending services needed before your child can be placed in the primary or secondary placement. If you want the court to order that your child be reunified with you, you should notify your lawyer and the department, and you should carefully comply with court orders for services and participate regularly in visitation with your child. Failure to promptly engage in services or to maintain contact with your child may lead to the filing of a petition to terminate your rights as a parent.
2. Primary and secondary permanency plans are intended to run at the same time so that your child will have a permanent home as quickly as possible. Even if you want another parent or person to be the primary placement choice for your child, you should tell your lawyer, the department, and the court if you want to be the secondary placement option, and you should comply with any court orders for services and participate in visitation with your child. Early and consistent involvement in your child's case plan is important for the well-being of your child.
3. Dependency review hearings, and all other dependency case hearings, are legal proceedings with potentially serious consequences. Failure to participate, respond, or comply with court orders may lead to the loss of your parental rights."


*Reviser's note: The definition for "supervising agency" for chapter 13.34 RCW was deleted by 2018 c 284 § 3.
Effective date2017 3rd sp.s. c 6 §§ 102, 104-115, 201-227, 301-337, 401-419, 501-513, 801-803, and 805-822: See note following RCW 43.216.025.
Conflict with federal requirements2017 3rd sp.s. c 6: See RCW 43.216.908.
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group