(1) "Nonuniversity group or individual," for the purposes of this policy, means a collection of individuals that is neither a university affiliate, a registered student organization, nor a recognized employee group. The term also includes the individual members of these groups, when acting on behalf of the group, and individuals who are not currently enrolled students, current university employees, or employees of a university affiliate.
(2) "University group or individual," for purposes of this policy, means registered student organizations as defined in WAC 504-28-010
, or a recognized employee group of the university, and also encompasses the individual members of these groups when acting on behalf of the group. The term also includes individuals who are currently enrolled students or current employees.
(3) "University affiliates" or "affiliated entities" means those entities that have formal relationships with the university and also encompass those entities' officers, agents, and employees. The terms include, but are not limited to, the university foundation, the university research foundation, the office of the attorney general, the 4-H foundation, and the United States Department of Agriculture—Agricultural Research Service.
(4) "Limited public forum areas" means those areas of each campus available as places for expressive activities protected by the first amendment, subject to reasonable time, place, and manner restrictions.
At each university campus, the limited public forum areas are all university facilities, with the exception of the interior or immediate vicinity of university facilities used to support university research, academic instruction, or health services.
(5) "First amendment activities" refers to any activity protected by the first amendment to the Constitution of the United States. Such first amendment activities may include, but are not necessarily limited to, informational picketing, petition circulation, the distribution of information leaflets or pamphlets, speech-making, demonstrations, rallies, appearances of speakers in outdoor areas, protests, meetings to display group feelings or sentiments, and other types of constitutionally protected assemblies to share information, perspective, or viewpoints.
(6) "University facilities" means all buildings and grounds owned or controlled by the university and the streets, sidewalks, malls, parking lots, and roadways within the boundaries of property owned or controlled by the university.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.30.150
. WSR 16-11-030, § 504-33-015, filed 5/9/16, effective 6/9/16; WSR 08-24-026, § 504-33-015, filed 11/24/08, effective 12/25/08.]