The vice-president for operations and facilities or designee may impose the following fines and penalties for violation of this chapter:
(1) The college shall publish the schedule in the Student Handbook and on the traffic parking citation form.
(2) Fines will be assessed in accordance with the schedule for the following violations:
(a) No valid permit displayed;
(b) Visitor parking violations;
(c) Occupying more than one parking space;
(d) Occupying a space or area not designated for parking;
(e) Handicapped parking violation;
(f) Parking in an area not authorized by a permit;
(g) Parking in reserved staff space without authorization;
(h) Blocking or obstructing traffic (may be towed if creating a safety hazard);
(i) Parking adjacent to a fire hydrant (may be towed if creating a safety hazard);
(j) Parking in a fire lane (may be towed if creating a safety hazard);
(k) Parking in a zone or area marked no parking;
(l) Other violations of college parking traffic rules.
(3) At the discretion of the vice-president for operations and facilities or designee, an administrator or staff member who has an accumulation of citations may be subject to disciplinary action or have the matter turned over to a private collection agency for the collection of past due fines. Other appropriate collection procedures may be initiated as deemed necessary.
(4) If a student fails or refuses to pay an uncontested fine that has been outstanding in excess of five working days, the vice-president for operations and facilities or designee may initiate the following actions:
(a) The student may not be able to obtain college records until all fines are paid;
(b) The student will not be able to register for subsequent quarters until all fines are paid.
(5) Vehicles parking in a manner so as to obstruct traffic, including access to and from parking spaces and areas, may be subject to a fine and may be impounded and taken to a place for storage selected by the campus security officer or designee. The expenses of the impounding and storage are the responsibility of the registered owner or driver of the vehicle.
(6) Vehicles impounded by means of an immobilizing device shall be charged a service fee according to the current fee schedule.
(7) The college is not liable for loss or damage of any kind resulting from impounding and storage of vehicles.
(8) Persons may appeal the issuance of a citation according to WAC 495C-116-170
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.50.140
(13). 00-12-019, § 495C-116-160, filed 5/26/00, effective 6/26/00. Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.50.140
, 42.30.075 and 1991 c 238. WSR 92-19-131, § 495C-116-160, filed 9/22/92, effective 10/23/92.]