Unless the context clearly requires otherwise, the definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter.
(1) "Board" means the public works board.
(2) "Department" means the department of community, trade, and economic development.
(3) "Financing guarantees" means the pledge of money in the public works assistance account, or money to be received by the public works assistance account, to the repayment of all or a portion of the principal of or interest on obligations issued by local governments to finance public works projects.
(4) "Local governments" means cities, towns, counties, special purpose districts, and any other municipal corporations or quasi-municipal corporations in the state excluding school districts and port districts.
(5) "Public works project" means a project of a local government for the planning, acquisition, construction, repair, reconstruction, replacement, rehabilitation, or improvement of bridges, roads, domestic water systems, sanitary sewer systems, storm sewer systems, and solid waste/recycling systems.
(6) "Emergency public works project" means a public works project made necessary by a natural disaster, or an immediate and emergent threat to the public health and safety due to unforeseen or unavoidable circumstances.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 43.155.040 (4) and (5). 98-24-010, § 399-30-020, filed 11/19/98, effective 12/20/98. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.155.040. 89-10-041 (Order 89-01), § 399-30-020, filed 4/28/89. Statutory Authority: 1985 c 446 § 10. 85-24-072 (Order 85-17), § 399-30-020, filed 12/4/85.]