To print a page in the WAC, use your browser’s normal print functions (Ctrl-P on a PC, Command-P on a Mac, or File > Print on either). The resulting printed page will show just the content and not the banner at the top, the left-side navigation, or the footer links. To see how the page will look before you print it, use your browser’s Print Preview.
What are ongoing additional requirements and how do I qualify?
"Ongoing additional requirement" means a need beyond essential food, clothing, and shelter needs and is necessary to help you continue living independently.
(1) We may authorize ongoing additional requirement benefits if you are active in one of the following programs:
(a) Temporary assistance for needy families (TANF), or tribal TANF;
(b) State family assistance (SFA);
(c) Pregnant women assistance (PWA);
(d) Refugee cash;
(e) Aged, blind, or disabled (ABD) cash assistance; or
(f) Supplemental security income (SSI).
(2) You apply for an ongoing additional requirement benefit by notifying staff who maintain your cash assistance that you need additional help to live independently.
(3) We authorize ongoing additional requirement benefits only when we determine the item is essential to you. We make the decision based on proof you provide of:
(a) The circumstances that create the need; and
(b) How the need affects your health, safety and ability to continue to live independently.
(4) We authorize ongoing additional requirement benefits by increasing your monthly cash assistance benefit.
(5) We use the following review cycle table to decide when to review your need for the additional benefit(s).
Any time need or circumstances are expected to change
(6) Monthly payment standards for ongoing additional requirements are described under WAC 388-478-0050
[Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.005
, and 2011 1st sp.s. c 15, 2013 2nd sp.s. c 10, and the 2013 biennial budget. WSR 15-02-006, § 388-473-0010, filed 12/26/14, effective 1/26/15. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.005
, and 2011 1st sp.s. c 36. WSR 12-10-042, § 388-473-0010, filed 4/27/12, effective 6/1/12. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050
. WSR 05-19-059, § 388-473-0010, filed 9/16/05, effective 10/17/05; WSR 01-01-070, § 388-473-0010, filed 12/12/00, effective 2/1/01; WSR 00-15-053, § 388-473-0010, filed 7/17/00, effective 9/1/00.]