(1) Except for the instances listed in subsections (8) and (9), the division of child support (DCS) accepts either a written or an oral request for hearing or conference board, even though other sections of this chapter or the relevant statutes may provide that objections and hearing requests should be in writing.
(2) The subject matter of the objection determines whether the matter is set as a conference board or hearing, unless there is a specific request for an administrative hearing under chapter 34.05
(3) DCS processes oral and written requests for hearing in the same manner.
(4) An oral request for hearing is complete if it contains enough information to identify the person making the request, the DCS action, and the case or cases involved in the hearing request.
(5) The effective date of an oral request for hearing is the date that someone makes a complete oral request for hearing, to any DCS representative in person or by leaving a message on the automated voice mail system of any DCS field office.
(6) When making an oral request, you do not need to specify whether you want a hearing under chapter 34.05
RCW or a conference board under WAC 388-14A-6400
(7) You can make an oral request for hearing or conference board on behalf of another person, if you have written authorization to act on their behalf. The effective date of an oral request for hearing or conference board made on behalf of another person is the later of the date of the complete oral request for hearing or the date that DCS receives the written authorization.
(8) There are two types of hearing requests which must be in writing:
(a) A petition for prospective modification under WAC 388-14A-3925
(b) A petition for reimbursement for day care expenses under WAC 388-14A-4300
(9) You must also make the following requests in writing:
(a) A request for a determination of controlling order under the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act (UIFSA), chapter 26.21A
RCW, as described in WAC 388-14A-7305
(b) An objection to the determination of controlling order contained in a notice of support debt and registration issued by DCS under WAC 388-14A-7325
. WAC 388-14A-7335
describes how to make this objection.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 34.05.220(2), 43.20A.550,74.04.055 , 74.08.090, 74.20.040, 74.20A.310. 07-08-055, § 388-14A-6100, filed 3/29/07, effective 4/29/07. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.08.090, 34.05.220. 01-03-089, § 388-14A-6100, filed 1/17/01, effective 2/17/01. Formerly WAC 388-14-500.]